New York City is somewhere I’ve wanted to live for as long as I can remember. It’s something I wanted to do before I’d even visited it. Probably because I imagined a life for myself like you see in the movies. But the reality is New York City is more often than not, absolutely nothing like the movies. It’s much, much more.
These are the things I love about living in New York City:
- The skyline
- Access to live theater
- Public transportation that runs 24/7 (except for the rare closure during hurricanes and blizzards)
- The variety of cultures you encounter
- You can travel the world without ever leaving the city
- You can eat anything you want whenever you want
- The pizza
- The shopping. The world’s best department stores, high end designers, and independent boutiques are all in the city.
- The way New Yorkers come together (subway therapy, protests, weather emergencies)
- The endless amount of activities at your disposal
- The people. The number of unique personalities you encounter on a daily basis
- The energy. This city has a buzz like no other
- The fact that every band/musician will play a show here
- The museums/art
- Getting to experience the snow, but not have to shovel/drive in it
- The mix of city life and quiet neighborhoods
- How easily walkable the city is and the fact that it’s a grid and easy to get around
- You are always within walking distance of a park
- People are on the streets at all hours of the day. you never feel alone.
- That so many people are so open and accepting of others, which is an attitude that should be spread everywhere
Despite living in New York City for over 5 years now, I still experience a renewed love for the city all the time. Like when I cross a bridge in a cab, or fly into the city after a vacation, or just walk down the street, or overhear people talking (which is one of the best things about the city). And because in New York, the possibilities are endless.
P.S. If you’re traveling to NYC soon, you’ll want purchase our travel guide here.
Shop Our Travel Guides
Enter your e-mail to receive 10% off your first order