A Quarter Of A Century Goes By Fast
Hey y’all! I can’t believe that I’m actually writing this post! It’s kind of crazy that I turn 25 tomorrow! Thinking about this day for the past few months has been really daunting, but I’m choosing now to look at it with an open mind. Now that I’m a full blown adult, here are 25 thoughts on my 25th birthday!
1. The best way to learn is to travel. The more countries I visit, the more I understand the world. It’s the one thing you can spend money on that makes you richer. I encourage everyone to go out and see the world!
2. Dogs are the best medicine. They love you no matter what. It doesn’t get better than coming home to a smiling and loving face.
3. Make your house a home. I truly believe that when you have a calming and aesthetically pleasing environment at home you can conquer the world!
4. A life without pizza is a life not lived. At least in my opinion. Give me all the pizza!
5. Moving To London is still number one on my dream list! Hopefully that will be something I can check off soon!
6. Do what makes you happy. If you are not happy with how your life is going, change it. You have the power to do that! Life is too short to not enjoy it!
7. Plans don’t always work out. When I look back to when I was 16 and what I thought I would have or accomplished by the time I was 25 I can’t help but laugh. Oh how young and naive I was!
8. Everything Happens For A Reason. I have found myself saying that a lot lately, and it is a statement that I firmly believe in! Take it and roll with it.
9. Cherish your time with your family. One day they won’t be there, and you don’t want to look back with regret.
10. Change Is Good. This is a hard one for me because I have never been good with change, but I am slowly taking baby steps to strive towards this.
11. A quarter Life Crisis is real. Exhibit A.
12. Yoga and meditation are life changing and magical! If you are even slightly anxious or uneasy give it a try. It will change your life!
13. Listen To Your Body. Recently I have gotten really into working out and eating healthy. This has been a decision for myself. You feel a lot of pressure when your life is so public, but this is truly been a decision for myself and not to please anyone else.
14. Perfecting your skincare routine is key. I have always taken care of my skin, but especially now it is so important. Just like you take care of your mind and your body you must take care of your skin. It is the largest organ in your body! Treat it as such!
15. Be Selfish. Obviously you need to look out for others and treat everyone with respect, but you come first. You have to take care of yourself.
16. You know you best. It’s great to get advice from other people, but in the end you know what will be best for you. Be confident and be you!
17. Sloths are my favorite animal. Think Kristen Bell on Ellen. That is me 100%! Someone send me a sloth please! 🙂
18. A smile goes a long way. I love smiling, and I love cheering other people up. Growing up I smiled and waved at everyone in the hallway at school. Walking down the streets of New York I smile at that stranger. You NEVER know what someone else is going through. A quick smile can completely change their day around.
19. You are stronger than you think. Back in 2015 when I was going through a really bad period of anxiety I never thought I would be where I am today mentally.
20. Believe In Yourself. Give yourself some credit! You can handle anything the world throws at you.
21. Life is short. Buy the shoes!
22. Take a digital detox. It’s so refreshing and will reset your mind. Even if it is just for 12 hours like we did last weekend at the teepee. You just need to take a step away every once and awhile.
23. Eat the cake! Everything in moderation is my motto! If you want the cake, eat the cake!
24. I love this little corner of the internet we have created! Each and every one of you mean so much to me! Every time I see a message from y’all it puts a smile on my face!
25. Dream Big. I have always been a dreamer, and usually when I have a dream I do everything I can to make it possible. That is something I am going to do even more of in the future!
Whew! That was a lot! Hopefully I inspired you a little bit to find yourself and your happiness! Cheers to 25!
Shop My Outfit
Join our newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.