New York City during the holidays is my favorite time of the year! Whether you are planning a trip to visit this month, or live here and are looking for new things to do, here are our top 5 favorite ways to spend an afternoon/evening during the holiday season in NYC. And if you can’t make it to New York this year, watch a Christmas movie set in NYC instead! A few of our favorites are Miracle on 34th St, Serendipity, Home Alone, and Elf.
- Grab a cup of the world’s best hot chocolate at City Bakery (also grab a pretzel croissant) before taking a stroll through the Union Square holiday market.
- Stroll down Fifth Avenue to see the holiday windows, stop by Rockefeller Plaza to see the tree (the tree lighting is tonight!), then warm up with a nice bowl of soup at La Bonne Soupe. Next, head over to Radio City to see the Rockettes in their Christmas Spectacular.
- Do a little holiday shopping at Chelsea Market and then grab a cup of warm apple cider at The Green Table and people watch.
- Go ice skating at Bryant Park (it’s free!) and then stroll through the holiday market to take care of a little Christmas shopping. You HAVE to get the almond hot chocolate at the crepe place right by the skating rink. Trust us. It’s the best.
- Take a walk through Central Park (especially if it’s a snowy day!) and end at the holiday market at Columbus Circle. Here you’ll find the world’s best gingerbread men cookies. You’ll want to buy a few. Or ten.
TRAVEL FREEBIE: TOP 5 TRAVEL TIPS
Insider tips on how to make your next vacation stress free!